Review: MAC Ruby Woo lipstick.

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!
I know that the festivities are over, but if there's one thing I discovered during December, it's my love for red lipstick. So just before 2012 came to an end, I gave in and got Ruby Woo. Another red to add to my humble collection of red lipsticks...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Ruby Woo is described as a blue-based red with a matte finish and nearly opaque colour coverage. To me, it looks more neutral than Russian Red, for example. Russian Red is surely deeper and more blue-toned that Ruby Woo. The thing about it is that, it's super matte which can be super drying, so prep your lips with a primer or a lip balm before you apply it. I have seriously dry lips but with a lip balm underneath Ruby Woo bears no pain :)

What really surprised me though, is the longevity of this lipstick! I wore it on New Year's Eve where there was lots of drinking, dancing, smoking, even sweating(AND eating!) involved and it didn't streak, not even fade after 6 hours of wear! This makes it the most long-lasting lipstick I've ever came across. It's even better than a lip-stain!

Overall, Ruby Woo lives up to its fame, it's a classic retro red that most likely suits any skin tone. To me it's heaven, because I love the combination of pale skin, blue eyes and red lips. If you ever pass by a MAC counter, check it out!

Have you managed to get your hands on this lipstick? What do you think?

Photobucket